INVOLUNTARY "SABBATICAL"

Originally published on our ministry Facebook group's wall on November 11, 2022


Some of you made have received this news via email and to those I apologize for you having to read through some of the same stuff again. For others, who follow us faithfully in this group, I would like to give you an atypical update as it is less about the ministry and more about me personally. 

The truth is that ever since the Swimming School project in July, things have been running slow. There are a couple of reasons for that. One of them are family commitments I had to take on, following my father’s death and my brother moving abroad for work. Taking care of our widowed mother and family property in Croatia and Bosnia (materially insignificant, but intimately priceless) have taken large chunk of my time in August and September. Big bathroom leak in our family home only added to the unconventional work load I had to deal with in October. 

However, the greatest obstacle I’d faced in this period was herniated disc that had been troubling me since the end of March. The things good really bad after I did a lot of hard physical labour past summer. As the result of that, for 2 months now, my daily routine has been badly affected by it: lack of sleep, lots of pain, constant tiredness, limited movements, difficulties with driving, etc. At first I tried to go on as usual and “fix” the problem myself, but eventually had to look for professional help. 

At this point I am undergoing physical therapy, with uncertain outcome, due to stenosis of my spinal channel. If it doesn’t, I will have to get a surgery, most probably somewhere outside of Montenegro. 

Please pray for quick solution to of this situation. This situation has already affected our ministry plans, as I already had to cancel some of the events, travel and outreach activities planned for this fall. Thankfully, our services and children clubs are still going on unhindered.

Pray that God shows me the way I should deal with this problem and that He provides all the resources for it. Pray that it doesn’t affect our ministry but that church members can withstand temptations and struggles in these times when I can offer them limited support and guidance.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summertime, part two: Tutoring Re-Started

WORSHIP NIGHTS

“Job Creation” Training, HUB, Serbia, April 27-29